In this Post. All the stats for C4C. Feedback from users. A competition to help shape the new C4C!!
Damn, you don’t deserve these excellent gifts I give…
…oh, go on then 🙂
I’m exhausted from the whole Xmas, C4C, kids, visits bewilderfest – but I wanted to try and give feedback while it’s fresh, so here’s a bleary-eyed summary of how C4C went.
Site hits on 25th – 284 from 64 visitors
Site hits on 26th – 428 from 50 visitors
That’s my UK stats, so it was 26th here while still the 25th in USA and Canada etc.
I deleted all the old comments before the day, and now there are 765 of them! Editing out feedback from you lovely people it leaves about 600 comments during the ‘event’!!
As of now there are 59 followers for C4C, and we finished with 24 signed up volunteers and about 6 who dropped by on the day! Yay!
Honestly, I’m kind of overwhelmed, and if I wasn’t so shit-damned tired I’d probably be peeing all over my Mac in joy!!
Sorry… had to go get a cloth… where were we?!
WIth a budget of zero pence and no idea at all what I was doing, I started a C4C Blog and wrote about it. A few short weeks later 30 bloggers gave freely of their time on Christmas day, 114 people came by and had 600 things to say as 59 followers listened in – and 87 people liked it (on the 25th alone)!
As for how volunteers felt about it, here’s a few comments:
- Moments of sheer ecstasy, interspersed with long periods of delight.
- Thanks for letting me take part of this and count on me for things like this in the future.
- It was a fun crazy way to spend a couple of hours. I checked in after my inlaws left and enjoyed those hours more than, ahem, the earlier ones.
- I met some VERY cool people, and would do it again even if I had to pay you!
- I had a really positive experience on the site and I think you did a great job RoS, thankyou.
- The hubby and I had a great time! As it turned out, he was sick that day and I had a work emergency… so we ended up on our own at Christmas. I guess that means you can add two more to that tally of volunteers-who-wanted-for-company. So speaking as both the lonely, and the volunteers… I had a blast.
- It was a great experience – thank you so much for thinking of it! I was thinking that having this site, perhaps renamed, as a moving blogging party for all holidays might be something to think about.
- Looking forward to haunting old and new friends at C4C’s cocktail, pole side party chat next Christmas!
And purely for my own ego, they also said this:
- Mr P what a legend you are…
- Oh, and thank you, thank you for coordinating it all and thinking it up and being generally awesome, Panda.
- A great job, Rule.
- You did a magnificent job putting it together.. and I thank you…
- Now, move your paw down to my special place you impossibly magnificent lover you.
Oops, sorry. That last one was Mrs Panda 😈
So, at last, we come to the competition!!
Several bloggers snorted cocaine from my shaved belly… No, bugger… that was the after-party…
Several bloggers suggested that Company for Christmas should be continued in some way. Instead of a blog for lonely people, it should just be a hang out where bloggers can come any-time.
Now, this sounds like a chat-room to me – which would lose something essential about blogging, so here’s a few questions. The best answers win a prize I haven’t even thought of yet, but which may involve flying fluids?
1 – Do we need a ‘Blog hangout’ or should we just go to a chat-room?
2 – What would be different about the Blog-hangout from a chat-room, why might we want it?
3 – How might it work (and you can be as technical as you like – I mean, I’d love to iFrame a chat-app, or might even consider buying a domain if there’s a WP app that could work? Self-hosted is there a flash or JAVA app, or anything on source forge? Ideas folks!!)
4 – Should we just start a campaign to get WordPress to make the damn thing?
5 – (And this is the main ‘competition question!!) What should it be called?
Now – go out my friends and tell the world – for we, the C4C posse are going to shake all that bloggers know and tear up the rules, ours will be a New Blog Order of harmonious magnificence!! Just as soon as I’ve had a nap… zzzzz 😉